Automation is the favorite buzzword of many marketeers. Follow-ups in Copernica can automatically execute or schedule actions based on triggers, making them a great way to automate your own campaigns. You can design your own fancy campaigns, for example to send an email when someone clicks your link, or to congratulate someone on their birthday.
There are several different ways to do this with Copernica software. If you are new to automating campaigns the easiest way to create follow-ups is with the user-friendly drag 'n drop editor in the Marketing Suite. Programmers can use the advanced script editor in the Marketing Suite and Publisher offers a menu editor.
Follow-Up Manager (Marketing Suite)
When to use the Marketing Suite flowchart editor?
The Marketing Suite flowchart editor is the best option for you in the following cases:
- You're new to follow-ups and want the most user-friendly editor.
- You want use link clicks, profile modifications and unsubscribes as triggers.
- You want to re-use follow-up actions.
- You want to execute additional or complex checks.
Follow-Up Manager (Publisher)
Follow-ups in Publisher are always accessible in the menu of the selected database, document, survey or web form. Follow-ups are created by combining a trigger and an action in the menu editor. The Publisher does not have a scripting API.
When to use the Publisher menu editor?
The Publisher menu editor is the best option for you in the following cases:
- You want to define follow-ups for webforms or surveys.
- You want to use link clicks, impressions and profile modifications as triggers.
- You want to send mobile mailings.
- You want to create tasks to contact the person triggering the follow-up.
- You want to trigger follow-ups when errors or impressions of a document are registered.
Programmers can use the full power of Copernica's follow-up system with the data-script attribute. You can enrich every hyperlink in an email, for example, to handle clicks exactly how you want.
There are many ways to create follow-ups, so you can try which editor works better for you. You can also use both, but it is recommended that you don't create duplicate follow-ups. The articles below provide more information on how follow-ups work.