Email documents are built with templates. In the template source code you specify where content (for example text and images) can later be added by the end user in the documents based on the template. This way you can re-use your templates over and over again.
This article covers the most things you need to know when creating email templates in Copernica
- Composing email documents in Copernica\
- Using the Copernica default template
- Email templates and CSS stylesheets
- Email images and files
- Setting the sender address, sender name, subject and other email headers
- Document and template personalization settings (language, timezone, character encoding)
- Use smarty personalization in your documents and templates
- Add textual content to a document using text blocks
- Add images to a document using image blocks using image blocks
- Iterate content in a document using loop blocks using loop blocks
Adding special functions to your template or document
Copernica offers a great wealth of extra functions for use in your emailings.
- Add link to webversion
- Add unsubscribe link
- Add share to social links such as Facebook, Linked in and more
- Linking to web forms and surveys
- Linking to personalized PDF-documents
- Loading Atom or RSS feeds in your emailing
- Track your email conversion in Google Analytics (Prepare hyperlinks)
- Add email text version
- Even more functions....
Responsive email template
Emails are increasingly being opened on mobile devices, tablets and wrist watches. Make sure your email renders good on all devices and platforms.
Testing your email document
- Send a test e-mail
- Do the Litmus test and find out how your email looks like in various clients and browsers
- Tips to reduce HTML errors