With this view, here in Amsterdam
Copernica is looking for a Controller with a broad skill set who will deal with financial and legal issues. In this position you are responsible for the financial administration of Copernica, for tax matters and for drafting and checking of agreements. You are also the point of contact for legal and financial questions from colleagues and other relations. For this position it is important that you have acquired knowledge and experience within a comparable position and have a demonstrable affinity with the business operations of (medium-sized) organizations.
As a controller within Copernica you have to deal with many different teams and personalities. It is important that you have a strong personality, work well in a team and are highly communicative. Because of the diversity of your tasks, it is also important that you can prioritize and switch quickly. It speaks for itself that you work in a precise, structured and systematic way. You will become part of the Support Staff team, which consists of two HR employees and two Office Managers. Because you are close to the primary work process, this position offers you plenty of development opportunities and you have the chance to make a direct impact with your contribution.
What are you going to do?
- Drawing up agreements; for example in the field of intellectual property and licensing and employment contracts;
- You manage the correct accounting of multiple companies;
- You prepare weekly reports of the financial core data of the organization;
- You draw up and check incoming and outgoing agreements;
- You are responsible for the debtor management and carry out collection procedures if desired;
- Supervising and optimizing everything in the field of tax affairs
Who are you?
The ideal candidate:
- Has completed a business and / or legal Bachelor / Master;
- Has knowledge of (European) legislation;
- Has 3-5 years of demonstrable experience in accounting;
- Is able to prepare annual reports;
- Has experience with tax aspects of accounting;
- Works securely and has an eye for detail;
- Is a sparring partner for the management;
- Has an excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written
What do we have to offer?
We can give you a lot of challenges, projects and/or space to develop yourself. Furthermore, we have enough products, colleagues, data, users and financial resources for you to work with. To guide you in this, we can give you a mentor who can show you the way and is always open for questions.
Of course we offer you an excellent salary and we fully reimburse your travel expenses. We have spacious workplaces and one of the best views of Amsterdam. Furthermore we have legendary company trips and events and last but not least a magnificent and well-stocked sky bar.
- Excellent salary, a fast laptop and a good pension scheme;
- An international team of young professionals;
- Great secondary employment conditions and fresh fruit;
- Space and time to develop your own ideas and projects;
- Full reimbursement of travel expenses;
- An informal work atmosphere;
- Spaciously facilitated workplace, with a beautiful view over the IJ.
Our office is a five minutes walk from Amsterdam CS. Although sometimes ruined by grotesque cruise ships, the view is generally good.
The IT company Copernica
We are a leading and very successful software company that deals with all aspects of email. We enable large organizations to send substantial amounts of email and automate communication flows. We do this with a number of successful products.
Copernica has a flat organizational structure, in which small teams are responsible for one or more products. These teams are independent and very innovative. We are a flexible organisation and work together a lot. In addition, there is enough space to develop yourself too.
Copernica is a mature organization. That gives a lot of security compared to for example a start-up. Yet Copernica never left that start-up culture and is still very flexible and informal. At the moment there are many opportunities within Copernica. We are always looking for talent that is looking for a challenge and wants to grow with and within this great organization.
We are known for:
Our Copernica Marketing Suite is a web application for marketers to create email templates with our drag-and-drop template editor and to sent and automate emails.
Copernica Publisher is our complete email marketing package. It has all the functionality to automate communication flows, via email and sms. We make it easy for marketers to automate mailings based on interactions and all kinds of personal preferences.
MailerQ a flexible and super fast MTA (Mail Transfer Agent). It runs multiple parallel threads to deliver email fast and uses RabbitMQ message queues and JSON making it easy to control a giant email flow.
SMTPeter is mainly an email service for developers. We have made it easy for everybody to send monstrous amounts of email. This simply via our REST or SMTP API. We sign every message with DKIM and catch all kinds of events. Opens, clicks, bounces and DMARC reports.
Are you as enthusiastic about this position as we are?
Does this all sound well and do you need a cup of coffee or tea? Send your CV and motivation to email@example.com. We would like to see you soon at our office in the center of Amsterdam.
Employment agencies shouldn't respond to this advertisement.