Privacy Statement Copernica
This privacy statement describes which, why and how Copernica processes personal data of customers and other parties involved. Copernica takes the privacy of those involved very seriously. We act in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (hereafter: "GDPR").
Copernica B.V. (hereafter: "Copernica") is located at De Ruijterkade 112 (1011 AB) in Amsterdam and registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 34129493. Our DPO (Data Protection Officer) can be reached via the email address email@example.com. Data subjects can contact the DPO about the processing of their personal data and the exercise of their rights under the GDPR.
2. Who is Copernica?
Copernica is a developer and provider of email marketing software for marketers, developers and system administrators. Copernica offers the following products: Copernica Marketing Software, SMTPeter and MailerQ. In addition to delivering software, Copernica offers its customers a support service to optimize the use of the software. Copernica Marketing Software has more than 5,000 users.
3. What personal data do we process?
Copernica processes personal details of customers, of persons who have registered on our website, of people who take out a trial subscription or persons who have registered for the newsletter. In addition, personal data is processed of (potential) employees.
4. For what purposes is the data processed?
Copernica collects personal data for the following purposes:
- the execution of a closed agreement with customers;
- the conclusion of a trial license;
- to obtain newsletters for marketing purposes;
- for providing support and other services to (potential) customers;
- to improve the software.
5. On the basis of what legal grounds is the personal data processed?
Copernica processes the personal data in accordance with (one of) the following legal grounds: permission has been given by the person concerned (article 6 paragraph 1 sub a GDPR).
- the processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement (article 6 paragraph 1 sub b GDPR).
- the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation (article 6 paragraph 1 sub c GDPR).
- the processing is necessary for the representation of the legitimate (marketing) interests of Copernica (article 6 paragraph 1 sub f GDPR).
6. Protection and security of personal data
Copernica takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data against destruction, loss or any form of unlawful processing. These measures ensure, taking into account the state of the art and the costs of implementation, an appropriate level of security with regard to the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the data to be protected. The measures are also aimed at preventing unnecessary collection and further processing of personal data.
7. Processing by third parties
8. Storage period
The personal data are not retained by Copernica for longer than is necessary for the aforementioned purposes. Excluding this is the data that we have to keep for a longer period in connection with a legal obligation.
No use is made of automated decision making and/or profiling.
11. Transfer of personal data outside the EEA
Copernica does not transmit personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
12. Access, correction or deletion of personal data
You can request, correct or remove your data. For this, you can send a message to Copernica B.V., De Ruijterkade 112 (1011 AB) in Amsterdam or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also turn to other questions about the use of your personal data.
13. Unsubscribe option
A data subject always has the possibility to withdraw the consent for the processing of personal data. If, for example, a data subject no longer wishes to receive emails from Copernica, it is always possible to unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
14. Modification of the privacy statement
Copernica reserves the right to change this privacy statement (last modified on May 24, 2018). To stay up-to-date on these changes, it is therefore advised to regularly consult this privacy statement.