REST API: POST view rules
Warning: You are viewing the documentation for the old REST API. We recommend using version 2 of the REST API.
Method to add a rule to an existing selection. This is an HTTP POST call to the following URL:
$id should be replaced by the ID of the view you want to add a rule to.
The name of the rule and other values should be added to the message body.
After a successful call the ID of the created request is returned.
The following properties can be assigned to a rule in the message body. At least the name of the rule is required.
- name: Name of the rule. This should be unique within the set of view rule names and is mandatory
- view: ID of the selection that the rule belongs to
- conditions: Array of conditions profiles within the selection should conform to, such as certain values within certain fields
- inverted: Boolean value that when set to "True" will return only profiles that do not adhere to the rule.
- disabled: Boolean value that when set to "True" will disable the rule.
The following PHP script demonstrates how to call the API method:
// dependencies require_once('copernica_rest_api.php'); // change this into your access token $api = new CopernicaRestApi("your-access-token"); // data to pass to the call $data = array( 'name' => 'rule-name', 'view' => 1234, 'inverted' => False ); // do the call $api->post("view/1234/rules", $data); // return id of created request if successful
The example above requires the CopernicaRestApi class.