REST API: GET miniview rules
Warning: You are viewing the documentation for the old REST API. We recommend using version 2 of the REST API.
A miniview is to a collection what view is to the database. To retrieve the rules of such a selection you can send an HTTP GET request to this address:
The $id code should be replaced with the numeric identifier of the selection from which you want to retrieve the rules.
You can add one or more of the following parameters to the URL:
- start: the first rule to fetch
- limit: max size of the requested batch
- total: show/hide the total number of matching rules
You can find more information about the start, limit and total parameters in our paging article.
The returned properties
This method returns a list of rules. Each item in this list is a JSON object with the following properties:
- id: ID of the rule
- name: name of the rule
- description: description of the rule
- view: ID of the selection that the rule belongs to
- conditions: array of conditions for the rule
- inversed: boolean value to indicate whether the rule should be inversed. If set to "True" only profiles not conforming to the conditions are selected
- disabled: boolean value to indicate whether the rule should be disabled or not
The following script can be used to fetch rules from a selection. The CopernicaRestApi class that we use in the example takes care of escaping the parameters that are passed to the URL. If you write your own code to construct the URL, you must take care of escaping the parameters yourself.
// dependencies require_once('copernica_rest_api.php'); // change this into your access token $api = new CopernicaRestApi("your-access-token"); // parameters to pass to the call $parameters = array( 'limit' => 100, ); // do the call, and print result print_r($api->get("view/1234/rules", $parameters));
The example above requires the CopernicaRestApi class.