REST API: POST scheduledemailing (Marketing Suite)
A scheduled mailing is a mailing that was scheduled. It can be send immediately or in the future, one or multiple times. You can use the REST API to send a scheduled mailing with an HTTP GET call to the following URL:
The method accepts the following parameters:
- targettype : Type of target (database, view, collection, etc).
- target : ID of the target.
- template : ID of the template to send.
- start : Start date for the mailing (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format). If this date is in the past the mailing will be sent immediately.
- rrule : RRule specification for the reccurence (optional, see information below).
An RRule is a rule that specifies recurrence, for example for an emailing that should be sent monthly. The RRules used within Copernica follow the iCalendar format (RFC 5545). There are several tools on the internet that will help you create and understand RRules, such as the tool on the iCalendar website. If you don't pass an RRule to this method it will only be sent once.
The script below demonstrates how to use this API method. Don't forget to replace the ID in the URL before executing the call.
// dependencies require_once('copernica_rest_api.php'); // change this into your access token $api = new CopernicaRestAPI("your-access-token", 3); // set the data for the call $data = array( 'targettype' => "database", 'target' => 1234, 'template' => 123, 'start' => "2019-07-01 12:00:00", 'rrule' => "FREQ=DAILY;COUNT=2" ); // execute the call print_r($api->post("ms/scheduledemailing", $data));
This example requires the REST API class
- Overview of all REST API calls
- GET Marketing Suite mailings
- GET Marketing Suite scheduled emailing
- GET Marketing Suite scheduled mailings
The following tools will help you get acquainted with RRules: